THIN FILM LAB
Apart from the above, this group is associated with industries in India to develop marketable prototypes of some useful gadgets for the industries using toxic gases. Additionally, this laboratory caters the need of industrial houses and research centers by extending the services of several in-house instruments having multi-disciplinary utility. Research fellows of this group are highly placed in academic (in India and abroad) and industries after the completion of their Ph.D. programme.
AREAS OF INTEREST
1. Gas sensors
2. Grain boundary scattering in thin films
3. Magnetic properties of thin films
4. Optical properties of semiconductor films
5. Nitrides of B, Cr, Al, C and Ga in thin film form
6. Photovoltaic solar cells: Polycrystalline thin film.
7. Diamond and DLC coatings
8. Nanocrystalline materials